The Partnership is financially supported by Cumberland Council & Westmorland & Furness Council via grants to support business advice and networking activities and through the provision of staff, time to support the steering group’s activities. The Partnership is governed by a Constitution and managed by a Steering Group made up of representatives of various bodies and organisations involved in the social enterprise sector in Cumbria.
The objectives of the Partnership are:
- To increase the formation, growth and survival rates of Cumbrian social enterprises.
- To improve information and communication between and outside the Cumbrian social enterprise sector in the North West of England and beyond.
- To grow market opportunities for Cumbrian social enterprises.
- To represent the interests of the Cumbrian social enterprise sector.
- To work with local, regional national and transnational bodies to strengthen the sector.
The Partnership carried out a mapping exercise of the sector as part of its 2019 support programme, which evidenced that the sector had grown by nearly 50% since the last mapping exercise was carried out in 2008. The findings of the mapping exercise can be seen at https://secumbria.org.uk/sector-mapping
Annual General Meetings
The 2022 AGM Slides can be found here.
The 2022 AGM Minutes can be found here.
The 2021 AGM Minutes can be downloaded here.